Number of Participants: 4 – 15
Running Time: Between 15 – 40 minutes depending on group
- Communication & problem solving exercise
- Development of skills in versatile environments
- Portable & easy to use
- Small time scale, yet addresses a large variety of skills & learning outcomes
Colourblind is a practical exercise in verbal communication that demonstrates effectively the fascinating variety of strategies that individuals use to make sense of their worlds.
This is a group exercise that neatly replicates the periodic confusion and loss of vision experienced in our workplaces.
The Colourblind Business Mirror explores how perceptions are presented, how meaning comes to be shared between individuals and groups, and how organisational strategies are developed to account for the wide range of individual thinking and learning styles. Solutions are achieved only via co-operative information and ideas sharing, and a respect for the equal importance each member plays.
- Acts as an ice breaker between groups and leads to greater understanding between group members
- Focuses upon individuals’ understanding of their communication style and listening skills, and in particular develops the use of appropriate language
- Creates a territory in which the group must devise a strategy for progress
- Encourages participants to understand the importance of interdependency
- Highlights the need for both effective team and individual skills
- Sets guidelines for giving and receiving effective feedback
Colourblind facilitates the development of a wide variety of skills including: verbal communication, cultural awareness, acceptance of interdependence, and coaching/instructional skills.
- Portable and simple to set up and administer
- Ready to use and needing no additional equipment or facilities
- Supplied with clear instructions and review suggestions
- Appropriate for groups of 4 – 15 members
- Repeatable, even with the same team members
- A fast route to powerful and transferable learning
- Attractive, absorbing and challenging
- Versatile enough to meet a wide range of learning objectives
- Appropriate to any group with a shared language easily integrated into any training situation